Saturday, August 24, 2013

A Harmony of the Gospels



Currently I am finishing the last few chapters in the harmony of the Gospels.   Reading through the Gospels in this way has been so enriching for me.  As I am finishing up, I am realizing that I want to start the process again.  This time, as I read through, I plan to share some of my insights in this blog. 

I extend an invitation to all who would like to join me in the next read through.  I would love to read your comments as you read with me.  I hope that your life will be impacted as you walk through Jesus’ life chronologically.  I know mine has. 

One of the most unexpected responses that I had occurred as Jesus came to His last week just as He was about to enter into Jerusalem.  Realizing what was about to happen, I stopped reading.  The reality of the events leading up to the crucifixion was so profound, I just couldn’t move forward for a few days.  I never expected to be moved in such a way.

Until we begin, I will be writing to prepare us for the study—laying some groundwork.  If you plan on joining me, please leave a comment below.  I’d love to know.  In the meantime, you might like to download a Harmony of the Gospels reading plan.  I printed the chart at www.Lifeofchrist.com  by Ken Palmer.

Another online resource is  http://www.parallelgospelsinharmony.com/

If you read from the Spirit-Filled Life Bible, you will find a chart between the Old and New Testaments.  (Check your own Bible; perhaps there’s one there, too.)

I also used A Harmony of the Gospels by A. T. Robertson http://www.amazon.com/Harmony-Gospels-A-T-Robertson/dp/0060668903

Currently, I am awaiting the arrival of a copy of A Simplified Harmony of the Gospels by George W. Knight  http://www.amazon.com/Simplified-Harmony-Gospels-George-Knight/dp/0805494235

I am also eagerly anticipating the arrival of Charts of the Gospels and the Life of Christ by Robert Thomas.   http://www.amazon.com/Charts-Gospels-Christ-Robert-Thomas/dp/0310226201

So those are the various resources that I have used/will be using.  Watch for upcoming posts announcing the start date and my specific reading plan.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment